Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Official Prep Day


Official Prep Day over.

8:30  am ½ a poppy muffin and a mug of coffee. Thanks Admin. Food always helps a morning meeting feel.

11:00 our time. I return to my cyclone of a room and want to start cleaning up and finish my boards, but I want to know who my kids are more. So, a quick trip to the office to preview their files. I love that we put a school photo in their files each year. It helps with that first visual connection. I also tend to remember their names faster. Okay – now I can finish my room.

Here are photos of my main bulletin boards:
    To the far right is my Concept/Question area. I think this is unique to the Imagine It!/Open Court programs. It serves as a good way to help students make connections to the unit theme. Unit 1 is Friendship. 

    Next is the Vocabulary area. In 3rd grade we sort the words by parts of speech. 
   Then comes the High Frequency Word Wall. Notice that I use push pins to secure the words. I trap each word between the pins so we can remove them easily and use as flashcards. 
    To the far left is my computer/ writing area. This is still a work in progress.(not shown)

Now I can clean my room. Will I ever be ready?




No comments:

Post a Comment