Thursday, August 23, 2012

Brag Tag Board

Finally! I'm glad this project is done. It was more time consuming than it should have been. I decided to use a fabric that was sparkly and reminded me of a night sky to show off the star paperclips. But it made the crafting tough. 

Materials used:  an old framed cork board, fabric, stapler, yellow star paperclips, 40 regular push pins, 30 clear yellow hexagon pushpins, clear yellow circle labels numbered 1-30 (I couldn't  find number stickers that were small enough). See post Bag Tag Prep for photos of stars and hexagon items.

 Fortunately, the frame was light blue because if you look closely you can see it in the washed out photo. Next, my helper draped the fabric and stapled the begeebers out of it on the back. Then she stickered each yellow pushpin and trimmed to the hexagon shape. The difficult part came when she needed to line up and space out all the push pins. And the blue pushpins had to line up below the yellow ones leaving sufficient room for the stars to be added. (Note, the second row had to be offset to leave room for small hand to maneuver the stars.) If adjustments were needed the push pins would stick to the fabric every time she tried to pull it out. Bless her - I think she was ready to pull her hair out. The layout was mine - the work was Heather's. The extra 10 blue pins went along the sides and bottom to secure the fabric.  










I couldn't get a good photo. But, hopefully these give you the idea. I may try to update this post tomorrow. I'll make a close up so you can see the pins better. Remember there are two types of pushpins. The clear yellow hexagon ones numbered 1-30 and standard dark blue pins directly below those. The blue pins hold the yellow paperclip stars. We tried to drape the stars over the yellow ones but it was a little tight. 

Tomorrow I'll give it a frame and set it in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment