Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Brag Tag Prep

One of the school-wide incentives offered for our students are Brag Tags. These are colorful dog tags the students can earn during the year. They collect them onto a chain that they wear to our various award assemblies. The past couple of years, I've stored them on pre-existing clips that were hung up in the room. This year I want to showcase them and make them accessible to the students. 

Here's the plan:  I'll start with a 2' x 3' bulletin board hung lengthwise. 
                            Cover it in black paper.
                            Trim the edges in gold.
                            Insert push pins in 2 rows of 15 and numbered 1-30.
                            Each student will get a star-shaped paperclip added to their chain as a hanger. 

That was my original idea accept I was going to use blue paper and no paperclip. But look what I found at Office Depot!
 Yellow hexagon push pins and yellow star-shaped paperclips.

The photos also shows the clip dimensions and the spacing I'm going to use.
 Notice the pushpin pushed into the dot package. I tried to number the pushpin directly but the surface has a dip in it. Luckily, I had these See Through Color Dots. I wrote the number onto the yellow dot and placed the dot on the pushpin. Then, I trimmed the dot to fit. I considered not trimming it, but it will leave a sticky underside.
 You can see I didn't do a great trim job on this one.






I tested it on both backgrounds and think I'll go with black. The stars stood out better. Plus, we'll be studying the solar system this year and this will hopefully look like the night sky. I'll post the finished product in a couple of days.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment