Saturday, October 13, 2012

"Whew."

Well, life has been a whirlwind! I'm so glad I started this blog over the summer 'cause it would never have been started in the fall. I knew switching to a new grade would be challenging, but I didn't realize what a huge leap it would be from 1st grade. On the surface, most of the elements are the same. But they are certainly not taught at the same depth. I've had to reactivate knowledge that has been sitting dormant in my brain for a very long time- and I'm loving it!

There have been days where I've feel inadequate - where things just aren't clicking fast enough and the curriculum is going at break-neck speed. At the end of the day, I sit down and say, "What happened?" But then, it all started to fall in place,"Whew." I'm glad I've reached the "Whew."

I knew I had reached that day when I looked out over the room, and each and every one was silent - focused - and completely into their activity. They were so intent. Not the intent of  "If I don't get this done I'm failing." But rather the intent of interest and joy of learning. And my brain said, "I love this moment."To be able to stand there and think that thought in a busy day is a great feeling. I was so moved, I had to write it on the board. I didn't want to forget that moment. And I wanted to make sure that I remembered to share just how proud I was of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment